Filing a Complaint
- It is important for you to complete all sections of the form so your complaint can be fully evaluated. If a particular section does not apply to your situation, simply write "N/A" (not applicable) in the space.
- By law, complaints concerning a violation of Utah's occupational and professional laws are not public information.
- DOPL can be contacted by phone at (801) 530-6628. Office hours are Monday through Friday (except legal holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time.
- You can contact DOPL by e-mail at DOPL@utah.gov.
- Please be advised that DOPL will not act as your attorney for purposes of settling, recovering monetary loss, or performing any other dispute resolution between you and any person whom you feel may have violated Utah's occupational and professional laws. Any person who has been damaged or lost money as the victim of a licensed or unlicensed professional should immediately contact his or her personal attorney about the possibility of resolving the dispute through negotiation or legal process.
- Further, DOPL cannot perform investigations for the benefit of your personal litigation. However, your complaint is critical in that it informs DOPL of a possible violation of the occupational and professional laws.
- Once your complaint is reviewed, you will be notified regarding what action DOPL can take.
Utah Code annotated 58-1-501(e) provides in relevant part that it is unlawful conduct to deal with the division or a licensing board through the use of fraud, forgery, or intentional deception, misrepresentation, misstatement, or omission. The penalty for such conduct carries a fine of $2,500 dollars and/or one year of incarceration.
File a Complaint Online
Area for form
File a Complaint by Mail
Instructions for mailing complaint (address, etc.)